How to Reset Laptop Password if You Forgot One?
Password protects our devices, and it should be easy to remember and robust. However, forgetting your password is also not a problem nowadays. It can drive you crazy at times. If you are a laptop user and are wondering, How to reset Laptop password? Then, you should not be worried anymore! The ways to reset your laptop password are mentioned below for your assistance.
Top Most Used Ways to Reset your Laptop password
The Laptop carries all of our essential documents. It becomes pretty hectic when you don’t remember your password. There are two ways to reset your laptop password, and they are mentioned below;
When you are the administrator of your Laptop
You can easily change your password if you are the laptop administrator. The steps to do so are mentioned below;
- Boot your Laptop, and once you are on the home screen of your Laptop.
- Press Control + Alt + Del, and it will immediately take you to the screen with various options as listed below;
- Switch user
- Sign out
- Change password
- Task Manager
- Click on the fourth option, which is to “Change Password.”
- Then, it will take you to the age where you can easily change your password.
- First, you need to put in your old password once to reset your password.
- Now, it will ask you to add the new password first and then reenter the new password to confirm your password.
- Make sure that the combination of the two passwords is the same, and also, your password should be strong and not easy to detect.
- And, now your password is reset.
- You can check it by restarting your Laptop.
The other method to change your password is through the settings of your Laptop. You can refer to the steps as they are mentioned below to change your password through the settings of your Laptop.
Steps to Reset Your Laptop Password Through the Setting Option
- Click on the “Star window” option and either search for the “Control panel” or scroll down to spot the same option.
- Once your control panel is opened, click on “User and Safety widows.”
- Once the option is opened, you can spot the “Change password” option under the “User accounts” option.
- Click on “Remove my account” and “Make changes to your account.”
- Then, add your old password once, and it will take you to a page where you should add your new password.
- Reenter your password and confirm your password.
- Once your password is confirmed, you can check it by restarting your window.
Or if you know your current password and want to change it
Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options . Under Password, select after that Change and follow the directions.
Learn More– 5 ways to fix Windows Update Errors
If you are the sole owner of your Laptop and nobody else access your laptop password, it would be better to remove your password permanently. Nevertheless, if you want to keep your password on your Laptop still, you should consider activating your password protector.