If you are the one who wants to delete a telegram account due to inactivity or any other reason like ‘Privacy Concerns.’ But Telegram doesn’t have a feature of deleting an account through the app. So check out these two methods to deactivate your telegram account.
Suppose you do not want to delete your Telegram instantly. You can choose the ‘Delete My Account if I’m Away For’ 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year. Choose any account that self-destructs time as per your need.
Steps to Delete Telegram Account via App
- If you are not logged in, log in to your Telegram app and select ‘Settings.’
- Tap on the ‘Privacy and Security option.
- Look for the option ‘Delete My Account if I’m Away For’ and change it to 1 month.
- Now, if you do not use your telegram account for one month, your account will be deleted, along with all contacts and conversations.
- Adjusting the self-destruct settings gives you the option to change your mind within the period of inactivity.
If you don’t want to delay for that long time and want to delete your Telegram account immediately, follow the given steps.
How to delete Telegram Account Immediately?
To deactivate your telegram account fast and permanently, follow the given instructions;
- Go to the telegram account deactivation page https://my.telegram.org/auth
- Enter your phone number including the country code
- You will immediately receive a confirmation code, type that code and click on done.
- Now explain the reason in the box of ‘why are you leaving?’
- A pop-up screen will be open with the message ‘Are you sure ?’ click on the option ‘Yes, delete my account’.
- Your telegram account will be deleted instantly and you will be logged out from the app automatically.
So, these are 2 ways to delete your telegram account.
How to export telegram data before deleting it?
If you want to export your data before deactivating your telegram account i.e. chats, photos, and other media. You will need the latest version of Telegram Desktop to download your data in JSON or HTML formats. To export your data:
- Open Telegram Desktop and select ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Export Telegram Data’.
- Then select ‘Export Chat History’, and choose which type of data you would like to export.
- You can now view your Telegram data offline.
What happens if I uninstall Telegram?
If a user uninstalls his/her telegram app, he or she will not lose any data like messages, because they are already stored in the Telegram cloud.
Check Out the Video Tutorial-